Monday, February 9, 2009

Snowing and Quilting

Because of this....


which is supposed to last for another day...
I will not be going to work but will get to spend my day making these lovely quilt squares.
I am doing a friendship quilt with some ward sisters where each person makes as many squares as there are people involved. Then we all trade and put our quilts together. I couldn't even remember signing up for this and then when we finally had our first meeting I thought "Yikes! what have I gotten myself into? " AND I have had a horrible time with a 9-patch I have been working on. (Luckily Ruth Ann helped me tremendously for a day last week and that one is much better). But I decided to give it a try and am very happy I have. I have 4 of these finished and 6 more than 1/2 way finished. It's hard for me to be so precise with the seams to make the squares work out perfectly but also gives me a sense of pride since my last one was so much trouble.


Isn't it just so cute??? If the whole quilt was all made of these squares they would be placed diagonally so the dark yellow looks like little windmills. Maybe I will make a whole one all by myself some day.


6 comments:

Sarah Welsh said...

So cute! Blue & Yellow are so beautiful together!

Jana said...

What a cozy thing to do on a snowy day! You are very ambitious indeed...

Meredith said...

I'm so jealous of the snow! I really wish it would snow like that here in MO. Although, I am enjoying this spring-like weather we're having right now...it's wonderful! (Except for that darn wind!)

Super cute quilt, too! Love it!

Bryce & Cherise said...

I love it mom! :)

Ruth said...

Look at those CORNERS! WOW! You are getting really good at this quilting. Did you cut a piece of posterboard to the finished size and make sure each square was done right? I bet you did.
Be sure to post a picture of the finished red quilt top! I really want to enjoy all that lovely red again.
Love You!

Mommy-K & D-Rowls said...

Ruth Ann, yes I did cut the posterboard squares. They are very helpful. I will do a 12 inch one too for making sure the finished product is correct since I'm giving them away!