Sunday, February 8, 2009

Camping in Flagstaff in Winter

Who says you can't camp in Flagstaff in the winter? You don't want a snowcave to sleep in? Well just come on over and you can do as Emma did a week ago. Just gather up all my real and fake plants and trees and arrange them anyway you like in my living room. Emma crowded them around her little bed so she would feel extra cozy and Jana slept on the couch right beside her. Jeff was on the other couch. They had the gas fire going most of the night and the wild animal kitties roamed the fake woods freely.
I don't have pics but we also roasted marshmellows over the stove and made SMore's, and Jeff played his guitar and Emma even taught ME how to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on her violin! I am now so brilliant! I am actually very excited that she could teach me! Let's see, we also played Go Fish, and Emma taught me how to "do Inner Peace" also known as "oommmmm". done properly while sitting in lotus position (no I can't do that) and having your fingers curled with your thumb and index finger touching. I think Jana said she learned it on Kung Fu Panda.

We had a yummy breakfast made by Grandma in the morning. We four adults managed to easily eat a whole package of bacon. Does that make us pigs? I'm not really asking that....

Then later in the day we all went on a hike in Sedona which was very fun with perfect weather followed by a feast at the Red Planet Diner; an interesting place with an Alien theme. Very Fun! I hope they come again someday for another campout! (not aliens, but Emma and her parents...) Jana has more pics on her blog if you want more. They are very cute.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Don't worry, eating that much bacon doesn't make you pigs . . . because then you'd be cannibals!! Gross!

Jana said...

Wow, I'm so glad you have a picture of me as sleeping beauty...
Good times with the fire. It gave such great campy ambiance.