Sunday, February 1, 2009

California take me away!

We were ready to say good bye to the mountain cold so we took off for California a couple of weekends ago. After a late night arrival and sleepover at Jana's we headed out to San Diego . We stayed in a hotel in Salano Beach where we had stayed with the kids quite a few years ago. If they remember the pizza place we went to the first night when everyone was so tired, that is now a California Pizza Kitchen and has wonderful food!
We walked on the beach at night and in the morning too. Don did NOT go swimming and so I did NOT see a shark fin near him and get all freaked out like last time. Thank goodness! We just did lots of walking and he took a little 5 mile run for fun.
This is the view from up on the cliff. We walked way down on the beach.

I think this might have been the most exciting part of the trip for Don. He was just so happy when he found this car wash. I don't even think the car was dirty.

Mmm mmm mmm, California sun.


Don't you think I must have been the most beautiful creature on the entire beach??
(We went to the Birch Aquarium and it was just SO cool! I loved it. The under water world is so amazing. I will post pics later.)

We drove up to visit Bonnie and Kitty Blue in Whittier. Blue showed up on her doorstep crying and wet and was so happy when she picked him up and cuddled him. He is now her best pal. He is just adorable!
ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz


Ummmm, I think Blue might be looking for Bonnie's phone. Or maybe her car keys or wallet or maybe even a phone directory.
Captions? Anyone???

Our last stop was at the old homestead in Barstow to visit Dad and Topsy. Their heater was on the fritz so we had a nice fire going all the time. I hope it's fixed by now! Topsy fed us well and we helped them with their computer. Don turned on the sound again and I set up bloglines. They had better be checking out my blog soon! It was a very nice little visit. I love them both!
Good bye California!








8 comments:

Annette Larsen said...

Of course the car wash WOULD be Dad's favorite part. I love it. And that cat is dang cute. Looks like a little ragamuffin.

I just set up bloglines for my Mom in law! I hope she uses it. And I hope that Grandpa and Topsy use theirs. Fun trip, I'm jealous. Ah, the beach.

Meredith said...

Awesome trip!

Sarah Welsh said...

So fun, you made miss miss So. Cal! Solana Beach is my FAVORITE little town there - oh, to be a millionaire & be able to live there! :)

Jana said...

That kitty is so cute...and I love the sleeping on dad pic. Also, it is such a relief to know that dad can find a car wash, even in California. THANK goodness. Looks like you had a faboo time!

Christine said...

Heehee . . . dad and his car wash.

Did I go to salano beach? I do remember finding a pizza place late at night, but I also remember that it took forever to find it-- is that the place you found again??

Jen-ben said...

I love that you got a pic of Dad washing the car. So prudent. Looks like you had a great time!

Bryce & Cherise said...

oh yes...the car wash. It IS a must.
and mom i laughed so hard at the pic of Blue pretty much lookin down Bonnie's Hm-hm's :) I love that her cat knows she keeps her phone there...lol
it looks BEAUTIFUL! NOw me and bryce want to go to the beach more than ever! :(

and the pic of the cat on sleeping dad is fabulous too. I want to put it somewhere public

Ruth said...

Captions for kitty blue: I think she put some kitty treats in here by the cell phone...
Is that cell phone on vibrate?