Sunday, February 27, 2011

Twenty Years Ago

A Day in the life of Karen Rowley

Tuesday Feb 26, 1991

Morning activities included putting a new zipper in a pair of new jeans purchased for $6.59 with a broken zipper, exercised, organized someone's sock drawer, washed, folded and put away clothes, cleaned the cat poop out of the bathtub (bad cat)
Don does not come home for lunch on Tuesdays.
2:00 bank
2:15 picked up Jen and christine and friends Marie and Cinda & stopped at Marie's
Went to the bread store across town (we buy hostess treats there cheap (3-pack HoHo's for .25)
2:55 arrived home. Cinda and Marie are with us
1)phone Lisa for Jen
3:10 Eric comes home
3:20 Jana and Annette home - scraped knee on Jana to fix.
Lennon comes to play with Eric (they washed out an old dog house with lots of suds)
2)phone
Cinda goes home, Chris and Marie go to the park, Kimi down for a nap.
4:00 I go to Sechrist school to vote. Took Jen to meet Lisa on the playground then to Smith's Grocery for Jen and Lisa to buy flowers for friends
5:00 back home. ripped out seam in Jen's jeans to put in a pink patch.
5:10 talked to neighbor Kathy in driveway then took Lisa home
5:25 back home (mud has been tracked through kitchen and Annette thinks her fingers are frost bitten - they are not.
5:27 Cinda and Cristianne ( sisters from up the hill) come to get Jen to come up and make cookies for YW which starts at 7pm
Kimi wakes up
Me cooking dinner/put kids to work on front and dining rooms
Christine and Marie are doing homework. Called doctor about Cherise
6:10 Don called (again) and says he has a 6:30 mtg. Any dinner? No.
3)phone message - Eric should go to 7 p.m. Court of Honor
4)phone Don home - dinner: meat pieces, warm french bread, cookies
5)phone Eric is finding missing shoes then goes w/Don to Court of Honor
6)phone - doctor says come in tomorrow if she is still fevered (4th day).
Chris and Marie make soup for their dinner while I'm still cooking
Chris calls Cinda - come down for a ride to YW
7)phone - Marie's dad will pick them up for YW
He picks them up. Jen comes home.
8)phone Sister Schofield picks up Jenni. I run out and give her her husband's Blue and Gold Banquet invitation (I'm a cub leader)
7:00 I fix more meat and mac & cheese for me and the little girls
Cherise throws up
9)phone Marie's mom - Kai needs a ride to Court of Honor!
Sit down to eat
10)phone - Linda
Kimi needs a diaper change. Done.
Jana leaves a report on the table and Kimi helps her write it...
7:30 :: gasp :: gasp :: gasp ::

*******************

I love this! I remember that when I sat down for dinner I was thinking about how many phone calls there had been and I just had to write it all down.
Yesterday I happened to pull out a binder of letters I had sent to my Mom over the years and found this. It's been 20 years! Yikes!



7 comments:

Jana said...

Wow, mom....you had too many kids! I love that Annette thought she had frost bite. HAHA!! What was that, like 3 separate dinners? And lots of craziness with YW. Wow...that's a day. Can you believe it's been TWENTY years since then? Your life is a little different...and now your kids are entering that phase!!!

Annette Larsen said...

ha, I thought I had frostbite. That sounds like me. Poor Cherise, so sick. WOw, lots of teenagers going to and from the house.

Christine said...

Dang mom. It's funny how when you're a kid you don't realize the extent to which the mom is orchestrating everything. Sounds like I had a pretty great day that day!

Ruth said...

Look at all those friends coming and going! That's the best...

Meredith said...

I love that you did this AND just found it! Especially since I just did my day in pictures...it makes me excited for 20 years from now to find it and share it with my kids and grandkids. :)

You were a busy lady! And so many extra people to take care of, too!!!

Bryce & Cherise said...

i was ALWAYS siiiiiick. haha.
Mom I love love love this! Totally cool. Thanks for sharing momma!

Robyn said...

I will stop complaining about my life. ;)