Sunday, February 13, 2011

"She's completely bald in front!"

Last week I was still using my hairdryer which had been slowly dying and losing it's high speed blowing abilities. Then one morning I suddenly saw a little puff of ...smoke? steam? what? yup. smoke. I set down the dryer and my brush was full of singed off hair!!! Well, not exactly full but a little chunk of hair did get burned off when the dryer suddenly got super hot I guess. It smelled like Perm solution. As you can see in the photo (which I sent to the company), there is the little tuft of hair about 1/2 inch long that was left. I am SO grateful it is on the left side so it is very well covered by the rest of my bangs. I'm sure if it were on the right side I would still be in tears. As it is, I think it's funny to be so well connected to Little Women when Jo burns of a chunk of Meg's hair!

The hairdryer company has been nice and sent me a fedex label to mail the dryer to them free of charge. They will inspect it and tell me what happened. Ha! I could tell them! I guess they need something to do that is so scientific. I will let you know when I get my free hairdryer. That is my goal. hmm. This pic is backward I see.

6 comments:

Christine said...

After reading your facebook comment about this, I had to watch Little Women again. At the part where Marmee is reading the letter she wrote to the teacher-- "in God's eyes we are all children and we are all equals" -- josh turned to me and goes, "that's true, mom!"

Sarah Welsh said...

So sad, I'm sorry (poor Jo) - but it was nice of the company to be so understanding! The GOOD thing about this picture is that your eyebrows look fabulous! (I love the glad game)

Ruth said...

Oh, boy, I'll bet the company is glad that the hairdryer wasn't accidentally blowing on your eyes at that SuperHot blowing moment!!
I hope your hair grows back fast!!

Jana said...

Yikes!! Sorry you're going prematurely bald. Now your bangs match Emma's.

Ruth said...

Hannah came home this weekend and told me her hairdryer has been giving her problems...I promptly brought her in and showed her your post.
We're buying a new hairdryer today!

Karen Rowley said...

Good for you!!!!!!