Friday, August 27, 2010

North Rim Sept 2009

Last fall we took a trip up to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. It's quite different from the South Rim we always see and its very beautiful. First thing we did was stay in a little old cabin at Jacob Lake.

This rock waterfall in the cabin area had so many birds taking baths and enjoying themselves in the water. It was pretty cool.

Cute little chipmunk.

Sorry but I don't know the names of the Buttes. But this is one of them!

Bright Angel Trail. I love this shot.

Bright Angel again

Me on Bright Angel Trail

The lodge is really old and neat. Here is Don in front of one of the windows
underneath the lodge.
Observation room in the lodge.
Now from the window end of the observation room. Please notice
Don back there on his phone. Mr.Vacation!

This cool old time radio had Big Band music playing. So historical!

On our start down the Kaibab Trail.


End of the trail for us. We started back up next. huff puff. It was such a pretty day!

5 comments:

Annette Larsen said...

That looks way prettier than south rim. Or maybe you're just showing the pretty pictures.

Robyn said...

Fun! This makes me want to go!

Ruth said...

I remember the Lodge and Bright Angel Trail from when Mom and Dad took us! I was so tired hiking that long trail and then I ran most of the way back and had tons of energy hunting the rest of the family. There are beautiful views on that trail!

Mommy-K & D-Rowls said...

What? I have been there before?? When? I don't even remember. The Bright Angel isn't long at all actually. But the Kaibab trail down IS. That's why we just went a little way down.

Bryce & Cherise said...

I don't remember ever going either. In fact, Bryce and I have been playing with the idea of having bryce's parents and whoever of the kids want to come, come to flag and we could All go to the grand canyon? I should call you about that :)