Friday, January 22, 2010

Just a Little Snow in Flagstaff

This is the view from the other side of my cul-de-sac so you can see the snow pile in the middle. It is much bigger now than it was at Christmas time. And the snow is now about 4 - 5 feet high in places. It is supposed to get a couple more feet by tomorrow. It's crazy.


See that little guy up there on the roof? Yup, that's Don. holding his trusty snow shovel. He worked up there for about an hour and a half and came in soaking wet. Poor guy. Glad I'm not a man....

In town there have been some roof collapses. like Joann Fabrics (boo hoo!) And Bookmans. I hear that place is toast now. too bad really. It was a great store! Hey, maybe when they start up again they will take some of my books they wouldn't take before....


4 comments:

C'est La Vie said...

Oh my goodness gracious.

That is a lot of snow!

It's beautiful though!

Jana said...

I, too, am glad you're not a man. Go daddy-o!! That is a LOT of snow. Hasn't been like that for yeeeeears!!!

Annette Larsen said...

Niiiiice. That is a serious amount of snow! Glad Dad didn't fall off the roof!

Bryce & Cherise said...

WOW! that is so crazy! Wish we would get GOOD snow like that up here! We have just been getting wimpy snow.
Good job dad! Mom, I know you're thinking, "what a hunk!" when you took that pic!