Sunday, May 31, 2009

Friendship Quilt

In our Relief Society 19 of us got together to make Friendship Quilts. We all made 19 of whatever quilt block we chose and then got together and exchanged them and had a little luncheon. Our dedicated leader used her machine to stitch 'University Heights Friendship Quilt' and the date on it for everyone. Then we each put them together however we wanted. So this is mine, close to being finished. I still need to put the purple binding around the edge and then it will be done. It will be the same as the framey looking purple strip that is all around it. the back is a nice sage color and it is tied at the center of each block and 4 ties at the corners where each block meets and I have the fabric going diagonally. It looks lovely and I love it! Oh, my block is the blue and yellow one up in the corner. It was the first time I did something like that!


5 comments:

Bryce & Cherise said...

OOO!! Mommy! It looks great!!!! That's so fun!

Christine said...

It's SO CUTE!

Jen-ben said...

Ah, it turned out so BeaUtiful!!!

Chrystal said...

I wish I knew how to sew. If I knew how, I totally would have joined the group. Your blanket is lovely.

Ruth said...

Karen, that is SO lovely! What a great idea! Your block looks very sunshiny. Congratulations!