Saturday, October 11, 2008

36°

It is 36° here this evening. BRrrrrrrrrrrr~~~~~~~ We love it! Brown pine needles have blown off the trees and they land standing up in the grass. The front lawn is covered with them. They will fill at least two dozen trash bags. I'm so glad to have Don around to do all the dirty work of stuffing them in. He's pretty helpful that way. The petunias are still blooming and look lovely in the autumn yard. The kitties like to go out and sniff the air and come back in. They forget they are animals and come in to laze around in their catbeds on the backs of the front room couches. they love to be up high and think they own the front room. Which they do unless we have company coming. Then they are banished to watch us from outside the back door and whine to come in.

3 comments:

Annette Larsen said...

Good Kitties! It was very cold here yesterday too. I wish it would be more fall-like weather instead of jumping into winter.

Meredith said...

I love cold weather. Right now we're sweating because good ol' MO decided that it wanted to get hot again, and our AC is kind of not working. I want to be able to use my feather farm instead of kicking it to the floor!!!!

Bryce & Cherise said...

mom, i love reading your blog. I can SO hear you saying everything and see what your face and hand gestures would be. its so dang cute, it makes me laugh